An era filled with passion is
our history,
and our pride.

Ever since the business was founded in 1938, the path that the Ogawa Group took was a history of nothing but pursuing the quality of meat for consumption. From a time when eating beef was not very common, we dedicated ourselves to popularizing meat for consumption. We are proud of having played a part in developing dietary culture amidst reconstruction and rapid growth of society after the war.
Under our motto of "pursuing truly rich products," our hopes of "wanting to deliver delicious and healthy items to the table no matter how hard the times may be" has brought us to where we are today. By making use of our irreplaceable and precious experiences and achievements from the path we have taken so far, and the rich know-how obtained along the way, we will continue to further excel in the future.

History of the Group

1938 November Founded as "Ogawa Shōten" at the current address
1949 March Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin Co., Ltd. incorporated
1963 July Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin Co., Ltd., capital increased to 10 million yen
1965 September Became a Livestock Industry Promotion Corp.-designated processing factory
1967 March Shibaura Sales Office made independent and incorporated as Ogawa Chikusan Kogyo Co., Ltd. in response to enactment of the Wholesale Market Act
1968 March Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin Factory No. 2 constructed
1977 October Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin headquarters building completed
1980 May Kawasaki Sales Office opened within the Japan Meat Trading Center
1983 June Export and Import Department made independent and incorporated as Ogawa Bussan Co., Ltd.
1987 April Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin Co., Ltd., capital increased to 30 million yen
1989 March Distribution center established in Keihinjima, Ota-ku
1991 April Ogawa Logistics Services Co., Ltd. incorporated
1993 June Toso Shokuniku Center Co., Ltd. incorporated
1994 September Ogawa Bussan, new factory completed
1994 October Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin awarded by the Governor of Tokyo as a facility of excellent sanitation
1994 October Directly-operated yakiniku restaurant, "Yakiniku OGAWA" opened in Minami-oi, Shinagawa-ku
1999 November Toso Shokuniku Center, new factory added
2002 May Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin awarded by the Ebara Tax Office for excellent corporate tax returns
2002 June Ogawa Chikusan Kogyo, new factory completed
2002 October Ogawa Meat Co., Ltd. incorporated
2003 July Toso Shokuniku Center, capital increased to 20 million yen
2005 January Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin Co., Ltd., capital increased to 80 million yen
2005 August Organization modified as Ogawa Chikusan Kogyo Co., Ltd.
2006 June Ogawa Chikusan Kogyo, obtained SQF certification
2006 October Shinagawa Processing Center newly established in Konan, Minato-ku
2006 December Ogawa Chikusan Kogyo, capital increased to 25 million yen
2008 October Toso Shokuniku Center, obtained ISO 22000 certification
2009 December Ogawa Chikusan Kogyo and Ogawa Meat merged according to a cooperative business agreement
2010 April Ogawa Bussan and Ogawa Logistics Services merged according to a cooperative business agreement
2011 January Iwate Pioneer Farm Co., Ltd. becomes an affiliated company of the Ogawa Group according to a cooperative business agreement
2012 July Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin, Osaka Sales Office newly established
2015 February Ogawa Bussan, organization modified as Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin, Kawasaki Sales Office
2016 June Ogawa Chikusan Shokuhin, Kawasaki Sales Office and Ogawa Chikusan Kogyo, Sales Department consolidated and incorporated as Ogawa Food & Services Co., Ltd.
2016 June OGAWAfarm Co., Ltd. incorporated
2016 August Ogawa Chikusan Holdings Co., Ltd., business operations started aiming to strengthen and enhance group businesses

For inquiries regarding
business and coverage: